--

The BLM 2.7.7 guide by Firstaid, reposted here to help people find it easier.

Copied from :
http://bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=17972

Visit the topic to read the original comments ^

---

This is a Blocklist Manager overview to help people set up the BLM for Downloading the Bluetack blocklists. I hope to get a quick setup guide made so it is easier for the individual to use the Blocklist Manager soon.

Below is a picture of blm when opened.

From here you can :

1. Check for new sources (Lists we supply) by hitting the Sources button.

2. Process/download the lists you have selected and export them to locations you have chosen by hitting the Process button.

3. Add an ip to block or permit by hitting the Add IP button.

4. Manually import lists you have selected in the personal lists/edit imports section.

5. Manually export lists you have chosen in your Personal lists/edit export section.

6. Manually convert the lists you have imported into blm to other formats by hitting the convert button.

7. You can manually check an ip with the whois button.

8. You can go into blm options to set it up by hitting the options button.

On the top toolbar you will see these options:

File:

1. Check sources (Shortcut keys Ctrl+U)
2. Process Blacklists (Shortcut keys Ctrl+P)
3. Reprocess Active Lists
4. Exclusions Manager
5. Exclusions Managet
6. Export Manager
7. Import Manager
8. View BLM Log
9. View Debug Log
10. Exit (Shortcut keys Ctrl+F4)

Edit:

1. Add New IP Range (Shortcut keys Ctrl+N)
2. Copy Basic to Clipboard (Shortcut keys Ctrl+L)
3. Copy Full to Clipboard (Shortcut keys Ctrl+D)
4. Delete (Shortcut keys Ctrl+A)
5. Select All (Shortcut keys Ctrl+F)
6. Find (Shortcut keys Ctrl+I)
7. Add Selected To Inclusions (Shortcut keys Ctrl+E)
8. Add Selected To Exclusions (Shortcut keys Ctrl+T)
9. Toggle Permit/Deny Rules (Shortcut keys Ctrl+W)
10. The Whois Project
11. Web Whois
* Lookup on ARIN WHOIS
* Lookup on RIPE WHOIS
* Lookup on APNIC WHOIS
12. Dos Tools
* Ping
* Trace Route
13. More Information

Clear:

1. Listview Blocklists (Shortcut keys Ctrl+B )
2. Memory Array (Shortcut keys Ctrl+Y)
3. Log Window
4. Clear Session (Shortcut keys Ctrl+R)
5. Flush Cache Files
6. Reset Sources List

Import:

1. Import Manager
2. Speacial
* From Inclusions
* From exclusions
3. Import Active (Shortcut keys Ctrl+M)

Export:

1. Export Manager
2. Speacial
* To Inclusions
* To Exclusions
* To Log Batch
3. Export Active (Shortcut keys Ctrl+F12)

Array:

1. Fill Listview with Memory Array
2. Clear Memory Array

Tools:

1. Tool Bar
2. Convert
* Blocklist Manager Convertor (Shortcut keys Ctrl+V)
* BISS Online Convertor
3. Biss Hosts Manager (Shortcut keys Ctrl+H)
4. IP Range Calculator (Shortcut keys Ctrl+C)
5. IP Tools
* IP Config
* Dos IPConfig/all
* Netmask List
* Network Calculator
6. External tools
*Analogx netstat live
*Angry Ip scanner (Shortcut keys Ctrl+G)
*Port listener
*Angry IP Scanner (external) (Shortcut keys Ctrl+S)

7. Options (Shortcut keys Ctrl+O)

Donate:

1. Donate with Paypall
2. Biss Gear

Help:

1. BLM Online Help
2. Help with the Blocklists
3. Online Blocklist Convertor
4. B.I.S.S
* B.I.S.S Homepage
* B.I.S.S Forums
* B.I.S.S Downloads
* Get Protowall
5. IRC Links
* B.I.S.S. Web Based
* B.I.S.S. IRC Chat
6. About Blocklist Manager

The white grid you see when you open BLM is called the Listview, it is important to keep this Unchecked in Options/General at the bottom middle of the screen if you have little ram or just want to update and not check the lists. Without the listview the lists are stored in an Array to be exported from the array to your lists of choice.

The Black section at the bottom is the BLM log where you can see what is happening when you download your selected lists or check for any new sources etc.

At the very bottom you will see BLM status, if you have auto updates on or off, the last time you updated, how many Array rules are in the Array and how many rules you may have in the database.

In options General you will see many settings. I have this set up the way I make the nipfilter.dat and the pipfilter.dat and the psplist.txt and the splist.txt. You will most likely not have your BLM set up this way.

Comment length sets the length of the comments you want.

Permit rules take priority over deny rules (split Deny) you most likely will use. This lets the Deny rules be split to merge in your exclusions

Merge adjacent Permit or deny rules you most likely will not use. This will merge ranges into a smaller list and will merge the comments as well, making it harder to tell what you are blocking without looking up the IP.

Bypass personal sources you will most likely not use, as these are your personal Permit/deny rules.

Auto export selected will export all lists that you have chosen to all files you have set up in the format you have them set up for.

Enable Export Warnings will pop up a Warning message asking you if you want to export to a file.

*Note*, I did not put all these in, most are easy to figure out.

The sources screen is where you select your lists you would like to use, look in the bluetack FAQ as to what lists you would like to use. Blocklist FAQ

*Note*

At the bottom left there is an Enable Import Integration This needs to be checked for your options/personal sources/edit imports to work. These are the lists you want to import along with our main lists.

This (below) is where you make your Inclusions/Exclusions and manage your Importing of speacial lists and to what applications you want the lists to go to.

Edit Inclusions Is where you add your personal ranges/IP's you want to block/

Edit Exclusions is where you would make Exclusions (exceptions for Ranges/IP's you do not want to block).

Edit Exports is where you set lists up to be exported to applications by either typing in the location or browsing to the location.

Edit Imports is where you supply blm with your own personal lists by either typing in a location or url or browsing to a location.

This (below) is where you make your exclusions, give it a beginning IP and and End IP. Choose weather you would permit or deny that IP then give it a comment/name so you remember what it is. hit add then ok, then you can next time have them added to your lists when you process, if blm is set up correctly.

This (below) is where you would make your inclusions (Ranges/Single IP's you want to block), give it a beginning IP and and End IP. Choose weather you would permit or deny that IP then give it a comment/name so you remember what it is. hit add then ok, then you can next time have them added to your lists when you process, if blm is set up correctly.

This is where you set up blm to export your lists to the location/application you need the list to go to. Give this a name, choose what format you need (this below shows exporting to p2p hazard, wich is the same as protowall and pg format), browse to the list you want to export then make the export active by checking the next box. When all that is done, hit add and make sure that in the white grid your export you have created is correct and enabled. You can disable these lists or Enable them by double clicking on them in the white gridded window. The next time you process the lists your personal exports should go to the file you sent it to.

This (below) is where you import your personal lists. Again, give it a name, select the format and loacation (copy and paste an url into this box as well) then enable it (check the Import location Active box). When all that is done, hit add and make sure that in the white grid your import you have created is correct and enabled. You can Disable these lists or Enable them by double clicking on them in the white gridded window. The next time you process the lists your personal imports should go to the file you sent it to. Be sure you enable or disable this in options/sources at the bottom left where it says (Enable import integreation).
*note* Checking the quick import will let you import a list quick for inspection, do not check this if you are just setting blm up for updates.

If you have any questions do not be afraid to ask. There is always room for improvement wink.gif